As the Covid19 pandemic continues, we must following the health and safety guidelines of the Ontario Government, the City of Brantford, and the Brant County Health Unit. It is very important to the executive that members who want to attend feel safe coming to rehearsals.
The health and well-being of our members and our community is our highest priority. To continue rehearsals safely and responsibly, the LSO has developed a Safety Plan that strictly adheres to the guidelines, regulations and bylaws set out by Government of Ontario, the Ontario Ministry of Health, and the City of Brantford. We take this situation very seriously and are working hard to ensure that we can continue to operate safely.
The following is a list of rules and guidelines that all orchestra members and parents must follow at rehearsals. It is important that we all do our best to follow these rules to help keep us safe and playing music all year.
We've Gone Paperless!
The website has been updated to provide paperless registration options and more information. LSO policies, schedules, rental information, pictures and videos are
now available online!
Coming to Orchestra Healthy
In order to comply with the regulations, there will be protocols and procedures all members and their families need to be aware of and follow.
1. Protect yourself and others by following Public health advice.
2. Practice good hygiene
3. Self-isolate for 14 days after all international travel.
4. If you, or someone in your household, have new or worsening COVID-19 symptoms or have been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case, you cannot enter the building.
5. Self assess before coming to rehearsal. Screening questions are available at https://covid-19.ontario.ca/screening/customer/covid-alert. All members will be actively screened upon arrival.
6. If you, or someone in your household, are waiting for test results after experiencing symptoms, you cannot attend rehearsal.
7. If you, or someone in your household, has travelled outside of Canada in the last 14 days, you cannot attend rehearsal.
8.If you, or someone in your household, has you been identified as a “close contact” of someone who currently has COVID-19 in the last 14 days, you cannot attend rehearsal.
9. If a doctor, health care provider, or public health unit told you that you should currently be isolating (staying at home), you cannot attend rehearsal.
10. If you, or someone in your household, has received a COVID Alert exposure notification on your cell phone in the last 14 days, you cannot enter the building.
11. All guests must sign in with their full name and phone number. This is a Government requirement for COVID-19 contact tracing measures. This information will be kept on file for 30 days and then shredded.
12. Capacity limits will be strictly enforced at every level of the Provincial Reopening Plan
13. Masks must be worn inside the building. If you forget your mask, one will be provided for you. There are a few exceptions to the mask by-law. You can find more information at https://www.brantford.ca/en/living-here/resources/Documents/FINAL-By-law-to-Mandate-the-Wearing-of-Masks-in-Enclosed-Public-Places.pdf
14. Sanitizer has been provided throughout the hall and foyer. Please sanitize your hands when entering the building and after touching surfaces or shared items.
15. Follow floor markers and signs.
16. Social distancing must be maintained.
17. Access is limited to the main hall, foyer and bathrooms.
18. Water fountain use is prohibited at this time.
19. Coat room use is prohibited at this time.
20. Three persons are permitted in the bathrooms at one time.
21. Hand dryer use is not permitted at this time. Please use touchless paper towel dispense.
Physical Distancing Measures
Members and parents are required to keep physical distance from each other while entering and exiting and while in the building.
We are required to be 2 meters or 6 feet away from anyone that is not in your household.
Markers will be placed every 6 feet against the walls inside the hall to place your coats and violin cases.
Parents/guardians are welcome to stay for rehearsals as long as we do not exceed the indoor limit.
All parents/guardians will have to sign in at the front desk for contact tracing purposes.
Masks & Face Coverings
The City of Brantford implemented a bylaw that requires masks or face coverings to be worn in all public spaces.
- The bylaw says that if you are exempt from wearing a mask you must let us know but you are not required to provide proof.
- Brantford’s mask bylaw can be found athttps://www.brantford.ca/en/living-here/resources/Documents/FINAL-By-law-to-Mandate-the-Wearing-of-Masks-in-Enclosed-Public-Places.pdf
- Masks or face coverings must be worn during rehearsal. Your nose and mouth must be covered.
Entering & Exiting
Front doors are entry only. Back door is exit only.
Please park at the side or back of the building. The front needs to be left clear.
Please be patient and take your turn entering and exiting.
Someone will be at the door to screen each member and guest.
Start time is 6:00 pm.
Enter the hall and put your cases/coats on the RIGHT HAND wall-6 ft apart.
There will be markers on the floor.
Start time is 7:00 pm.
Enter the hall and put your cases/coats on the LEFT HAND wall-6 ft apart.
There will be markers on the floor.
Music Stands and Instrument Tuning
Everyone is required to bring their own music stand. This is so that no one but you handles your stand and music.
You must bring your own music every week. We will not have stand partners this year.
Everyone must have their own instrument tuner. We will all be learning how to tune our own instruments at rehearsals. Tina and Gelja will not be tuning instruments this year to minimize the contact and keep physical distance.
-There is a wide selection of tuners on the market. One that clips on and picks up the vibration of your instrument is best as they do not use the sound in the room which will pick up everyone else that is trying to tune making it impossible for you.
-Parents can help the younger students by tuning them when you arrive. Everyone will get the help they need to get tuned.
-There are free tuner apps you can download on your phone.
Hygiene and Sanitizing
-Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrances and exits of the building. Please sanitize your hands when entering/exiting the building and after touching surfaces or shared items.
-Please practice good hand washing.
-All chairs and surfaces will be disinfected with hospital grade products after every rehearsal/group.